Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 poser/daz animation 
nigec

I've been trying to get animation from poser.. if you use Poser4 or earlier models Awakening has no problem loading them.. problem is its not very direct!, you need to open the model pz3 in Daz3D, export your animation as DAE BUT that format DAE wont work in Awakening or Max you need ColladaMax to get it into Max, then export
It all goes badly wrong if you try to export as X format, i have Panda, i may have some settings wrong
AS a DAE the model looks perfect but no textures, it shows the number of bones and frames but the model is in the default poser pose and not walking, in Max he moved and the file re opens and walks in Max so the export must be right

I'm totally cr*p at animated characters so if i can get this working it would help a lot

Vincent

Please try the tri & ani exporter for 3dsmax9.

nigec

I can get the tri mesh with textures and it looks great although you need to attach them once in awakening, but the ani i get a module failure error, i've attached the character dae i'm working with, its a poser 4 model of the low res man with clothes

I used the ColladaMax plugin to get the file into max9 the Alias one won't work
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/awakening/man.rar

thanks for your time Vincent Smile

Vincent

Could you share the ColladaMax.dle and the 3dsmax scene file? I can not install the ColladaMax.

nigec

sure no problem:
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/awakening/files.rar
i just realised i didn't remove the blank frames.. the walk cycle is 30 frames

heres the dle on its own..
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/awakening/ColladaMax.rar

Vincent

I can export the model & animaton of your file from 3dsmax9, then load the .tri and .ani file in Awakening well. What's the specific problem you met?
Please first select the model, then turn off the Physique modifier, then select Export Selected... from the File menu.

nigec

Hi, i can get it export the ani now, but in awakening as soon as you add the ani file to the mesh it gets all screwed up.. its as if the pivot point moves and the mess tries to fit

its not showing the Physique modifier is on, but if it is i'm not sure how to turn it off! I don't like Max9 so i rarely use it, so most of its features are alien to me anyway

Vincent

I can load the animation smoothly. To turn off physique, just click the bulb icon before the Physique modifier in mesh's modifiers list.

nigec

for me i'm not getting the modifier at all, i have the skin mesh and the bones and three lights, i deleted the lights and reduce the animation to 30 frames, it moves ok in Max, saving selected, the skinmesh looks fine but the animation goes screwy and the pivot point moves lower
i'll try another model, i may of messed mine up somehow

ok scrap what i wrote, i figured it out! works like a charm .. when you know what your doing!

another edit:
upto Poser 5 models work, Daz stuff doesn't.. well Akio doesn't anyway, i tried using mimic but the mouth movment animation doesn't export .. bummer
Poser 5 characters would need re texturering as they aren't a single file like the earlier ones

pose6 models work, but you have the textures issue, also genitals need to be enabled on naked characters otherwise you end upwith holes
i did a test using my corridor scene with the default pose6 woman walking towards the camera and it worked fine on a pretty slow Acer laptop