Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 WIP Handyman Wanted MK2 
nigec

Handyman Wanted was originally released on the 30/05/07 and entry to the HP Lovecraft Commonplace Book Project , the idea was you picked a idea from Lovecraft's book and base a game around it.
The game was based on:
"a hideous world superimposed on visible world.. gate through"
The game was Flash and I teamed up with another guy using the Lassie AS game engine, less than half way through the engine started playing up, so it became more of a race to be able to finish it so in the end it was a compromise that neither of us was happy with.
Ever since I've wanted to redo it as I wanted it to be, me and the other guy had creative differences and it was just a bit to nice and cuddly for me lol

Anyway the game scenes are being modeled in Truespace, the first part of the game will be post processed grey scale, It'll be multi language too

Heres the living room, I still need to mess with lights, the fireplace is subject to change plus some random objects here and there.. it did have a rug, but it looked like it was floating lol

Vincent

Looks nice! Maybe you can try Cloth & Fur in the scene.

nigec

In the bedrooms I was going to use fur and cloth, one has a broken window the other is a kids room which has a few toys, one being a teddy bear Wink

hopefully by the end of the game most of the features will be used, the shot does have AVI textures with rain at the window

nigec

Here's the front room without post and the bedroom with the cloth animated curtain, the camera angle messes up the bed a bit

Vincent

Does the light will swing? The scene feels fascinating, I cann't wait to play it.

nigec

I never thought about the light swinging Wink