Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Early days but... 
nigec

This is a room built in Tuespace, the only alteration was the scaling, for some reason Truespace saves models tiny! the only format it scales to correctly is Xformat, but its a bit hit and miss whether the models appears correctly, but obj or 3DS it resizes for some reason, the model in the pic is saved as 3DS

Hats off to Awakening, things like the moulding around the celling would cause big problems in most 3D game engines, anything with curved edges does, but in walk around mode it runs great
the lighting is 100% better, i messed about for two weeks with the lights in Truespace and couldn't get anywhere close to this quality, i only spent 15 minutes to get the lights in the picture

Last edited by nigec on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

awingsoft
Site Admin

the scene looks nice. for scaling model, you can first import as "Mobile", scale mobile in Awakening, then convert it to surfaces.

nigec

Thanks
Yes i realized how to scale things Wink but it did throw me for awhile, i'm just on creating a toon type street scene

nigec

OK.. I'm getting the hang of things now and heres my first.. extremely short level
i gave the road a chamber hence why the view slides.. i was seeing how many curved edges i could get away with.. and they don't appear to upset Awakening at all, also it was to see if I'd fixed my online player problem
http://www.nigecstudios.uk.to/street.htm

I'll shut up for a while, use the FPS tut and do something a lot bigger Wink

Vincent

I view your scene and found it missed some textures, the ground is complete white. You need use Install Scene.. to publish a scene, if you directly save a scene and pack it, it can't find resources on other PC.

nigec

Quote:
I view your scene and found it missed some textures, the ground is complete white. You need use Install Scene.. to publish a scene, if you directly save a scene and pack it, it can't find resources on other PC.

The scene was done as "install scene"
i checked the folder and the ground texture is there in the upload.. i have noticed a load of "tmp" files in the texture folder tho
I'll see what happens with my next attempt, its probably some thing I've done wrong Embarassed

nigec

I've been trying to get a scene from my flash game into Awakening and it seems to work quite well@

I need to do more work on the lights as the tankards look detached from the table

The Flash version is here:
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/images/scummbar.swf

Vincent

The scene looks not bad, although lighting & material is not enough. Try to turn on dynamic shadow?

nigec

its the scene i did in Truespace and its to complexed to create surfaces, the walls curve both vertically and horizontally, when converted to a surface they break up into triangle and the map ends up like a checker board

I'm going to rebuild the floors ceilings and walls and simplify them, at the moment dynamic shadows are killing my system