Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 What Makes You Tick? on the BBC site 
nigec

A friend of mine who uses the Flash/director game engine i use, has had one hell of an ego boast, his freeware game has been noticed by the BBC!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A24716883
Don't ye just love the power of the internet to get noticed?!

All the time he was making the game he worried if anyone one would like it, but to get a write p on the BBC website must be the ultimate buzz for any freeware games developer Very Happy WTG Matt

If you want to checkout the game you can find it here:
http://wmyt.deaddog.de/

Vincent

the WMYT is a high quality game, if achieved by 3d will be more funny.

nigec

Vincent wrote:
the WMYT is a high quality game, if achieved by 3d will be more funny.

I've only seen one readily available 3D game engine that has scripting for point and click style adventures and that a thing called scuRF, which uses Reality Factory as its core, but its only a demo and has no Docs to say how they did it or how to use it lol

If someone could build templates fo Awakening to do point and click style games, theres a lot of people who would use it

so if anyone wants a challenge, we would need:
3rd person characters
inventory
conversation system
point and click control

the best example in 3D is Telltales Sam & Max

Vincent

thanks for your information, I've just played Sam & Max, this 3d adventure game is nice. I think Awakening is competent for developing such sort of game.

nigec

Vincent wrote:
thanks for your information, I've just played Sam & Max, this 3d adventure game is nice. I think Awakening is competent for developing such sort of game.

i think it could too.. it just needs someone cleverer than me to code it!!!

The engine used to make Scratches was built with LUA, the engine has been released, its called SCream, if your interested heres the forum:
http://www.nucleosys.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=471cac5c808b4d292217548c8d95452c

Vincent

If you can write Flash Action Script, you also can write LUA script in Awakening; as I've played your flash adventure game, I feel you are cleverer enough to make a 3d adventure game with Awakening.
Thanks for the info of SCream, I'll take it a look.

nigec

Vincent wrote:
If you can write Flash Action Script, you also can write LUA script in Awakening

i have noticed quite a few similarities between action script and Lua, but the Flash engine i used had the inventory, verb disc, etc pre defined and also its very own Language called TIMes, you used AS to expand the engine

It all takes time. working in 2D worlds is a lot easier than 3D, but I've always used 3D models to make the images, Awakening is the only 3D engine I've ever found that will import a full model as you intended it to look Cool

I might have a look at SCream to see how they handled interactions