Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Pivot points and mobiles 
nigec

I've got a little problem:

I've got a gun case on the wall that has a glass front, i can get the outer frame to swing open, but how can get the glass to go with the frame if its a surface?

Vincent

surfaces and static meshs are fixed, they can not move/rotate at run time. you can convert glass to mobile for the purpose of moving.

nigec

i wasn't sure if it would retain its transparency converting it back to a mobile, probably should of just tried!

no doubt you'll get more silly questions Embarassed

Vincent

The converting will not retain object's material attribute. But achieve a transparent mobile is easy:

1. Create a material, in the "Basic Properties" rollout, set the A(lpha) component of Diffuse color to a value which should less than 255.

2. In the "D3D Effect" rollout, load the "Diffuse Transparence.sha" shader file, and check the "Transparence" style (this style tell the rendering system that the material is transparent, so that the rendering system can optimize & keep correct rendering order).

3. Assign the material to mobile.

Quote:
no doubt you'll get more silly questions

free yourself here, no question is silly in my eyes.

nigec

Thanks for that Smile
I'm recreating a game i did 5 years ago with AGS, its only 10 rooms but enough there to try and do the basics, I'm also doing a Flash version and using the rendered scene
I've done the apartment layout where the guy can wander about, once its textured properly I'll start trying to figure out how to pick up and open things!

I'm doing the Flash version because i always promised i would, but also it maybe a lot easier to ask how to do something in Awakening by example Wink

Vincent

I'll try my best to help you create the 3D adventure game Smile