Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Some wishes suggestions from hde 
hde

First, let me say thanks for such a nice and stable software. At the moment i'm exploring all possibilities. I'm very satisfied with the (very nice and stable) importing, the lightmapping options, texturing and instant fps preview.

However every software can be approved. A little wishlist from me:
- it's possible to implement such a awesome Radiosity Lightmapping, Normal + Specualar Mapping also in Awakening ? http://www2.ati.com/developer/gdc/D3DTutorial10_Half-Life2_Shading.pdf ?
- DirectX 9 support
- a grid in the viewports (sometimes i lost the orientation) about dimensions, on which position is my mouse cursor ?
- the object list should be improved, it's a little bit boring to select a object and must close every time the object list window to work further, object list window should be also docked on the side like mesh, material, texture, shot
- the editor in "Script List" window should be have a scrollbar

will be continued ... Wink

Vincent

Quote:
First, let me say thanks for such a nice and stable software. At the moment i'm exploring all possibilities. I'm very satisfied with the (very nice and stable) importing, the lightmapping options, texturing and instant fps preview.

thanks.

Quote:
it's possible to implement such a awesome Radiosity Lightmapping, Normal + Specualar Mapping also in Awakening ?

Awakening has radiosity function for lightmapping. And you can wirte shader text to do specualar mapping. But for the HL2 shading, it needs tangent space, cube map, refraction, etc; all these features will included in next version of Awakening (tangent space and cube map supports aready achieved in our inner version).

Quote:
DirectX 9 support

What's your expected feature for dx9? We know something is inconvenient in dx8.1, e.g. asm shader coding. But for a web3d engine, dx8.1 has more compatibility. However, we'll seriously consider upgrade to dx9 after the next version of Awakening.

Quote:

a grid in the viewports (sometimes i lost the orientation) about dimensions, on which position is my mouse cursor ?

thanks, we'll seriously consider this.

Quote:
the object list should be improved, it's a little bit boring to select a object and must close every time the object list window to work further, object list window should be also docked on the side like mesh, material, texture, shot

The popup object list window is needed in some case like define action. But your advice of docking is well, we'll research into this.

Quote:
the editor in "Script List" window should be have a scrollbar

thanks, it's ok to add a scrollbar.

Quote:
will be continued ...

wait for your more comments!

hde

Quote:
What's your expected feature for dx9?

I think Parallax mapping is only possible with DirectX 9 or ? See the little difference.

But the Dot3 Normal Mapping in the next Awekaning version could also improve this ?
 hi there 
liverol

actually aw is not all for games but for web3d,some adv features is not necessary,as for now,aw
is powerful enough for the web3d using,vincent is right,using dx8 make aw fast enough and compatible.
i tried some old machines,got a good fps(above 100fps),that's amazing.aw do has a bright future,and i believe
this won't take a long time.so just wait and see Razz

Vincent

Quote:
I think Parallax mapping is only possible with DirectX 9 or ? See the little difference.

dx8.1 can support parallax mapping, we've achieved it in Awakening, see Parallax Mapping support.