Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 New artwork 
nigec

This is two scenes from my next game, I posted here because they aren't done in Awakening yet, The scenes are bit complexed and need simplifying a bit

The scenes are based on Monkey Island 4 backgrounds, the coding base was actually LUA for that game

http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/images/scummbar.jpg
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/images/lobby.jpg

Vincent

nice scenes! what's the software you used for cartoon rendering?

nigec

Vincent wrote:
nice scenes! what's the software you used for cartoon rendering?

Its made and rendered in Truespace 6,6, I used ANIME Shader and another called UVtoon
I tried with 3DS Max and couldn't get anywhere close

Over the weekend I'm going to strip it down to the walls and floors and try and run it in Awakening, then rebuild it bit by bit,

hde

Heh Heh another Truespace user on bord here. The scene looks very nice. But what other game engine you use ? Only Lua + background ? What is the host application - a game console like Nintendo ?

nigec

hde wrote:
Heh Heh another Truespace user on bord here. The scene looks very nice. But what other game engine you use ? Only Lua + background ? What is the host application - a game console like Nintendo ?

The backgrounds are destined for a Flash game called Night of the Hermit using the Lassie AS game engine.

The plan is to try and use the scenes in Awakening, but i have no idea how to code a 3D person adventure game control system

Lucas arts built an engine called GrimE using LUA, Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island used it