Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 import lightmap 
krblla

hello everyone,
I'm newbie in Awk, I have some questions.
-I'm trying to import a file from Gile[s] with texture and lightmap, (I know that Awk has too), but I couldn't open the file with both (texture and lightmap), is possible to import a lightmap with UV coordinate and in texture with UV too?, Awk could has more than one Lightmap?.

-to create a mirror reflection, we have to do a portal first? I don't know if that is true, but this is the only way that I have found to reproduce a mirror effect, and in the manual just write a "Mirrors can reflect ray then cast bright mark. Any surface can become a mirror by checking its Reflection property. And you can adjust reflection-intensity in the Edit Box in the back of "Reflection": . There is a option for turnning on/off all mirrors in Light Map Option Dialog", so it is possible to create a mirror effect without a portal?.

- how many triangles could be in a Awk file to render properly?

thanks a lot to averybody!

krblla

sorry, the second question was answered in a last post..

Vincent

You can not import lightmap to Awakening.
For realtime mirror rendering, you need Portals. But for mirror effect in lightmap baking, only need checking surface's Reflection property.

Triangles number render properly depends on your hardware.

krblla

Thanks mate! I understand now.

but is possible to have more than one lightmap or in Awk just allow one?

I'm doing a flat model, I haven't finished yet, but step by step, I'm going..
you could see the alfa version in my web www.renderar.com or www.arquitecturavirtual.es
need more radiosity, to correct some brightness corners, the doors, outdoor environment, furniture, the baths, etc..

I really appreciate any comments.

another question.. I could see that in the begining the player jump up, there is a way to don't jump?

Vincent

Awakening will automatically increase lightmap number as needed. You can set Sample Spacing to a smaller number for more detailed lighting.
Your house looks no bad, just a little dark. You can do more passes radiosity to birghter room. See faq for radiosity tips.

There is a script function SetInputStyle for customizing input.

krblla

Thanks a lot Vincent.

how I can to found some simples scripts tutorial for Dummies, I'm interested to control some objects, like Doors when the player is close or turn on/off some lights, etc... I think that is scripts way, it isn`t?

thanks again...

Vincent

You can create a Shot for animation like open door. There are some tutorials in this forum.