Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

npantic

Hey, tnx for guidance! I am too for cheaper solutions, for now.
I cannot use Milkshape only, because it does not have Direct x animation importer (am i wrong?, afaik it have directx mesh tool only), but I used Fragmotion to load b3d animation created in Pacemaker, then exported it in Milkshape. Viewed it in Milkshape, all OK. Exported it as DirectX, imported into Awakening. Animation is here! Only... there are no morph sequences between keyframes!?! I received only keyframes inside Awakening, no transitions! Apart from that, animation is correct. Any idea why there is no transitions and how to get them ?

npantic

Hi, I managed to import and run .x direct x files into Awakening. I experimented alot, and came to this most strange pipeline:
Animation created in Pacemaker, exported as B3D (BlitzBasic) imported in Fragmotion, exported as Milkshape, impordet in Milkshape, exported as Milkshape ascii, Imported in CharacterFX, exported as Directx .x, and then imported in Awakening, working.
Smile

Here is the working example:
http://www.nenadpantic.com/cgs/awakenig/test1/proba12.exe

Any suggestion how to shorten this rather long list is welcome Smile

Reason why I did not use x exporter of the application which I used for transforming.

- Pacemaker can create .x, but Awakening does not reckognize it as a Skin Mesh
- Fragmotion can create .x, but in Awakening animations are distorted
- Milkshape can produce .x, but exports keys without motion tween between them, and I dont know if Awakening can create morphing between keys

awingsoft
Site Admin

Congratulation! You finally get it work, the characters looks pretty.

Quote:
Any suggestion how to shorten this rather long list is welcome

Did you try Deep Exploration?

Quote:
and I dont know if Awakening can create morphing between keys

When importing .x file, Awakening calculate total animation by key frames, then sample per 160 ticks. No morphing in rendering time.

npantic

Quote:
Congratulation! You finally get it work, the characters looks pretty.

Thanks! Smile That was a great workaround...

Quote:
Did you try Deep Exploration?

It is too expensive to use this on a legal basis for now... Rolling Eyes

Quote:
When importing .x file, Awakening calculate total animation by key frames, then sample per 160 ticks. No morphing in rendering time.

Yea strange... i noticed when there is every frame keyframed it turns to be ok in Awakening... otherwise, Awakening shows only keyframed parts of animation.

Solution for this problem would be to shorten this export chan if I succeed to export correct x from Fragmotion (secon program in the chain). In fact, Fragmotion exports animated Direcx8 x file which shows correctly in DXViewer, but because of unknow reason, in Awakening animation looks distorted, model looks like it is chewed, a chewing gum effect?

And a small sub-question: is it possible to trigger a part of an .x animation (so i export only one model with all animation sequences in one file, and then trigger a part of the animation, from frame-to-frame)?
[/quote]

awingsoft
Site Admin

Quote:
Solution for this problem would be to shorten this export chan if I succeed to export correct x from Fragmotion

It's for compatibility that skin animation use the method.

Quote:
In fact, Fragmotion exports animated Direcx8 x file which shows correctly in DXViewer

DXviewer is dx9 program, dx8's mesh viewer is mview.exe.

Quote:
And a small sub-question: is it possible to trigger a part of an .x animation (so i export only one model with all animation sequences in one file, and then trigger a part of the animation, from frame-to-frame

Yes, you can. For every part of animation, you can create a shot with the part animation time length. Then in skin mesh's "Bones Animation" rollout, set Synch Shot and Time Amp's PreOffset to select certain part animation.

npantic

I succeeded to get a fair .x file that plays goodly int Awakening, from Ultimate Unwarp 3d! That application have much of import/export plugins. But 2 problems with it: I needed to resize animation x240 (approx) te get exact timing. Other bigger problem is that it does not accurately interpret x axis motion, so when comparing with correct animation, it slides a little on it (x axis) like it moves from the "center of ballance"

Quote:
DXviewer is dx9 program, dx8's mesh viewer is mview.exe.

Do you possibly have a source to download it ?

Quote:
Yes, you can. For every part of animation, you can create a shot with the part animation time length. Then in skin mesh's "Bones Animation" rollout, set Synch Shot and Time Amp's PreOffset to select certain part animation.

Thanks! I need now to study a little what can be done with scripting, regarding interaction between objects/interface, object/object etc.

awingsoft
Site Admin

Quote:
Do you possibly have a source to download it ?

click here