Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 bones 
tyree

your ani export doesnt support extra linked bones on the character skeleton this is something it should be able to export without a problem. the bones should be read as part of the skeleton and not cause any problems. and you should change the way files are uploaded to the internet . you cant upload executables on all sites. why dont you change it to an activex x install

Vincent

Quote:
your ani export doesnt support extra linked bones on the character skeleton this is something it should be able to export without a problem. the bones should be read as part of the skeleton and not cause any problems.

could you send me a example .max file for the problem?

Quote:
and you should change the way files are uploaded to the internet . you cant upload executables on all sites. why dont you change it to an activex x install

after you packing scene to a self-extract file, you can rename it; e.g. change *.exe to *.pak.

tyree

you wouldnt be able to open it unless you have the cat animation plugin. the cat skeleton exports without a problem but if I link max native bones to the skeleton. when I apply the bones in awakenings, it always distorts the mesh. but if I send the same file without any linked bones. everything works like its supposed to.

Is there more to changing it from exe to pak than changing the name. I uploaded it with .pak behind the name but its still being read as an executable and will not be uploaded for security reasones

tyree

Im using a different site from my main site that uploads executables. its not pretty but I got something uploaded

its not just bones your ani exporter doesnt export anything thats linked, but this should be something you can easily add

http://realtime3d.weebly.com/uploads/6/5/6/4/656460/toes2.htm

tyree

do the physics have to be programmed in order to work or can they simply be applied

Vincent

You character looks no bad, it would be a good start, look forward to your next work.
Did you add extra linked bones to Physique as floating bones?

Quote:
Is there more to changing it from exe to pak than changing the name. I uploaded it with .pak behind the name but its still being read as an executable and will not be uploaded for security reasones

We'll try to solve this problem, thanks for your clue.

Quote:
do the physics have to be programmed in order to work or can they simply be applied

You need write some script codes, see

Practice Physics System

tyree

I used skin with max native bones linked to the skeleton. essentially its the same thing but skin is more up to date. the wings use cat animation system bones. I use linked bones for things like hair or clothing. Ive seen that tutorial, how would physics be added to a character

tyree

I used skin with max native bones linked to the skeleton. essentially its the same thing but skin is more up to date. the wings use cat animation system bones. I use linked bones for things like hair or clothing. I can show you any example but it would be in another web 3d player. Ive seen that tutorial, how would physics be added to a character

Vincent

I've tried linked bones in 3dsmax8, exporting is no problem; please ensure the extra mesh has its own .tri and .ani file, and turn off it's skin modifier before exporting.

Quote:
how would physics be added to a character

What's specific physics?

tyree

you tell me what would quickest way to add physics to a character and where is the max 8 plugin Ill try it in that version

Vincent

All max plugins can be found at Awakening's 'otherplugins' folder.
For physics, just define a script variable for your skin mesh, then update it's position by movtar.

tyree

in the features section it says you have automatic collision detection but I dont see it and do you have any plans to add drag and drop physics. can this new awakenings upload to the web. could you do a tutorial on adding physics to a character Im sure many people will find it useful

Vincent

Quote:
in the features section it says you have automatic collision detection but I dont see it

This points that "When in Winds3D Player, press Shift + F to toggle off Free View Mode, the program will invent a player let you walk around in virtual world. The player will blocked by walls, fall from high, upstairs, jump, duck, etc, act like familiar 3D game. "

Quote:
do you have any plans to add drag and drop physics

We have a lot of features to do, about drag&drop physics, no explicit plan currently, but we'll keep this in mind, thanks for your idea.

Quote:
can this new awakenings upload to the web

The web3d player for AW3.0 still in working, so you cann't publish as web3d currently, but I think the new web3d player should coming soon.

Quote:
could you do a tutorial on adding physics to a character Im sure many people will find it useful

We'll consider your advise, thanks.
If you want to a avatar to walk around in scene, you can first group all skin meshs of your avatar to a group object, then define a script variable for the group object (assume named 'avatar');
then add codes in the FrameMove() function of User Script File:

avatar.setPosition(player.getPosition())

This just set avatar's position, there are some things still need to do like avatar's orientation, camera, etc.