Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 My two cents 
LastDarkAutumn

Greetings Humans,

After playing a while with the Demo Version i'm really impressed, it's a nice solution for Artists (like me) who like to present their works in a nice realtime environment, i just ordered my license and can't wait to start off! So, here are my suggestions:

1) It would be cool to to have an option that allows to display all the textures in the same size (power of two, or in percent). Especially when i loaded a heightmap (say 2048 px) besides other smaller textures (128, 256...) i always have to scroll out to search for them. Take an example at UnrealEd, that's the way most users like.

2) The possibilty to have an integrated Particle editor that can create AND save particles would save a lot of time.

3) Terrain editing, sculpting would be mega-awesome, also a "Mesh" brush to place plants, flowers, grass quickly. (-> Freeworld)

4) A simple possibilty to disable the Mousecursor on the publish wizard will do great.

...maybe there is more stuff i will see when i got my copy Smile

Bye.

Vincent

Quote:
1) It would be cool to to have an option that allows to display all the textures in the same size (power of two, or in percent). Especially when i loaded a heightmap (say 2048 px) besides other smaller textures (128, 256...) i always have to scroll out to search for them. Take an example at UnrealEd, that's the way most users like.

The Show As List option of Texture Window is for this purpose.

Quote:
2) The possibilty to have an integrated Particle editor that can create AND save particles would save a lot of time.

We'll consider this, thanks. What's your favorite method to edit particles?

Quote:
3) Terrain editing, sculpting would be mega-awesome, also a "Mesh" brush to place plants, flowers, grass quickly. (-> Freeworld)

We are just working on Terrain System currently, we'll try to achieve this features in future.

Quote:
4) A simple possibilty to disable the Mousecursor on the publish wizard will do great.

Do you mean hide cursor? You just need to create a _SCENE_BEGIN Script and type code: wnd.ShowCursor(false);
But your suggestion still is considerable.

Thank you for all your comments!

LastDarkAutumn

Thank you for your answers :)

Vincent wrote:
What's your favorite method to edit particles?

There are some good places to look for it, the best one is probably the Particle System/Editor in UnrealEd 4 (Shipped with UT3). It allows pretty much everything with particles, even physics. Also, there is "ParticleIllusion" a particle applications, but it's 2d and not for games. But you can check out their Trial Versions to get some toughts and feelings how it could work :)