Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 animation 
tyree

glad to see awakenings is still going strong but I have an animation question. can awakenings work with animation that moves thru space meaning animation that isnt stationary and looping in one spot. and can they be mixed, say I go from a motion where the animation is driving the characters position to a stationary looping animation

a different question how do you apply physics to a character. is a movtar supposed to be used and can that be used with a skinned mesh

Vincent

You need two animations for standing and walking respective; Awakening can not mix animations currently. About character physics, we treat whole skin mesh as a Box.

tyree

I didnt mean mix I meant can an animation where a character flips and doesnt just flip in place but moves to a different position. from the original position, then go into a looping in place walking motion. after, and how do you load more than one animation its not listed in the help file and have it play. have you given any thought to having preset or just drag and drop controls for contorlling a character with the keys

so currently its not possible to do a 3rd person game with awakenings

nigec

It is but not very fluid, you could do something like TellTales Monkey Island, where you click on an item and the character walks there, we also had a character walking to clicks on the ground, anything is possible scripting, currently I with a lot of help from Vincent I had idle and walking, I did have reach but for some reason that wasn't used, can't recall why.
The game Candy Boom was the first attempt, I'm sure we worked out a better way that included walk to grid, better way points and hotspots

the game is here, feel free to pull it apart and check how it worked Smile
http://www.nigecstudios.co.uk/

tyree

you keep upgrading effects and everything else but you leave something core like animation out. why dont you deal with this, before moving on to the others

nigec

thing is it needs DX9 support to move forward