Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 my ten cents 
nigec

if i could wish for anything i would ask for a change in having to paying for the full version while things have problems, web play etc, i would of thought it would be better getting people interested and ironing out the problems with a larger community, rather than a trial that doesn't give you much of a chance, me personally i'm still messing about trying to get models to work with the software i normally use, once 2.5 goes final and the save restriction re added its gonna be hard for me to get any further, LUA is a language i've never used.

Beyond Virtual's users are up in arms because they payed for a rather expensive license only to find, little support, poor documention, and an engine you couldn't actually finish a game with!

A tutorial on making games would be cool, first and 3rd person

Awakening is Fantastic, given time i'm sure i can get my head round it

oh and get rid of all the spammers.. they make the place look very untidy!

awingsoft
Site Admin

Quote:
if i could wish for anything i would ask for a change in having to paying for the full version while things have problems, web play etc, i would of thought it would be better getting people interested and ironing out the problems with a larger community, rather than a trial that doesn't give you much of a chance, me personally i'm still messing about trying to get models to work with the software i normally use, once 2.5 goes final and the save restriction re added its gonna be hard for me to get any further, LUA is a language i've never used.

you can use the trial version for a long time in fact; but we'll consider your advise seriously. for lua and any other problem, please feel free to post on forum, or contact me by email: comments(at)awingsoft.com. if you can do something for this software, we'll consider give you a licence.

Quote:
Beyond Virtual's users are up in arms because they payed for a rather expensive license only to find, little support, poor documention, and an engine you couldn't actually finish a game with!

that's sad, we'll try to make awakening better.

Quote:
A tutorial on making games would be cool, first and 3rd person

yes, we'll try to do that.

Quote:
Awakening is Fantastic, given time i'm sure i can get my head round it

thanks.

Quote:
oh and get rid of all the spammers.. they make the place look very untidy!

thanks for your advise.
 clean soft 
liverol

awakening is small,green,powerful,
the trial version looks more like a "free" version rather than a bussiness one.
no logo,no watermark,and it's cheap,real impressive.

nigec

Code:
if you can do something for this software, we'll consider give you a licence.
I can give you a load of free advertising, the last game Flash game i did got 250,000 hits in one month, the page with the link still averages 200 hits a day.
The plan is to rebuild the last game, to how i would of done it, the original i mainly did the coding and puzzles coding, and TBH i hate the game we released.
I plan to use Light Map Maker to light the scenes, but it would be coded in Flash, ok it doesn't help Awakening much but
it does help me to get the importing of models, textures and lighting down to a fine art
The ulimate goal is a 3D horror game we are working on, theres four or five people willing to help

considering my 3 Flash games aren't the best in the world, people are looking to see what i come up with next

Do a search on google
Code:
"Handyman wanted" roger

the Last game went global lol

If i can help you in anyway i'll be glad to, i'm still a bit green as far as Awakening goes but i am getting better

awingsoft
Site Admin

wait for your great works.

nigec

I only other engine i've seen using LUA is the Scream engine, which is the root language for the game Scratches

Quote:
wait for your great works

I'd hardly say great..
its a lot of hard work when you have to do everything on your own

ryan374

The plan is to rebuild the last game, to how i would of done it, the original i mainly did the coding and puzzles coding, and TBH i hate the game we released.
I plan to use Light Map Maker to light the scenes the page with the link still averages 200 hits a day.

Pass4sure.com Microsoft MCSE: 70-462 70-496 70-492 70-341 70-458 MB2-700 Practice Exams