Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Lua scripting like gluas or beyond? 
donfelipe

Heya, I just joined here and haven't read the docs yet, but juch a quickie question: I see powered by Lua on the front web page, neat, so is the scripting based on Lua or is there another scripting language involved?

In my own project, we have Lua scripting based on the gluas subset defined for GIMP and also ArtWeavcer and Twistedbrush now, and our Project Dogwaffle. It's made for scripting your own special FX filters. I was wondering if the scripting in Awakening does also have pre-defined variables such as 'width' and 'height' and the functions from gluas to get and put the RGB values of the image buffer? or is the Lua scripting going beyond the gluas subset?

see http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/lua for details

Thanks for feedback!

awingsoft
Site Admin

Currently, Awakening use LUA to control scene at runtime: receive user input, transform objects, change object's appearance, etc.

see Command System

Quote:
I was wondering if the scripting in Awakening does also have pre-defined variables such as 'width' and 'height' and the functions from gluas to get and put the RGB values of the image buffer? or is the Lua scripting going beyond the gluas subset?

Sripting in Awakening mainly for 3D processing, you can define variables for various objects. But no pre-defined variables & functions for 2D image processing yet.

Dogwaffle & DogLua are wonderful softwares! Awakening'll be pleasure to share something with them, do you have any idea?

donfelipe

I'll be making a quick tutorial to show how to make a bush of tall grass or tree with alpha channel and map it to a billboard polygon. Is there already a function that also sways it in the wind? (wave in wind) once it is mapped onto a rectangular polygon?

I guess I'll try by importing a simple Wavefront OBJ file with uv texture maps assigned per vertex. Is there another way? Does Awakening have modeling tools or does it fully rely on external modelers for creating the objects?

There are some tutorials already with other 3D tools like Carrara in here:

http://www.thebest3d.com/pdp/tutorials

I hope to experiment with Awakening to do similar things with PD

awingsoft
Site Admin

Quote:
Is there already a function that also sways it in the wind? (wave in wind) once it is mapped onto a rectangular polygon?

There is a shader file "effects/grass.sha" for swaying grass, see the Grass scene distributed with Awakening.

Quote:
I guess I'll try by importing a simple Wavefront OBJ file with uv texture maps assigned per vertex. Is there another way? Does Awakening have modeling tools or does it fully rely on external modelers for creating the objects?

Awakening no inner modeling tool in the main; but no need external model if you just create billboards.

Quote:

There are some tutorials already with other 3D tools like Carrara in here:
http://www.thebest3d.com/pdp/tutorials
I hope to experiment with Awakening to do similar things with PD

Yes, cool tool for creating textures; we'll do some exploration in these tools.

erum

You can think every parameter in ModifyStyle as a features set. So the first parameter is the original features set; the function will remove the features expressed by second parameter from original features; and add the features expressed by third parameter to original features. You can use the orDWORD function to connect several feature flags to one parameter.